It’s common for experienced and beginner affiliates alike to work exclusively with Facebook Ads. There is no denying that Facebook was a great traffic source for a very long time. But, recent changes to the platform’s policy have transformed it into one of the most difficult sources for affiliates to monetize and scale.
Below, we’ll go over the reasons why Facebook Ads is becoming a difficult traffic source to work with and share 7 great alternatives you can use to generate traffic.
Is Facebook Ads Still a Reliable Traffic Source?
Users share a huge amount of information with Facebook proactively, but the social media network is becoming an unstable traffic source for affiliates.
For starters, Facebook is banning advertisers at an alarming rate because of their industry, affiliations, and similar reasons.
The platform has also garnered a reputation for delivering poor services to its partners and taking a huge amount of time to answer simple requests. Lastly, Facebook Ads has added a huge number of rejection reasons, which limits the formats and overall freedom that advertisers enjoyed in the early days.
7 Powerful Alternatives to Facebook Ads
Let’s take a look at some of the top Facebook Ads alternatives advertisers can opt for.
TikTok is one of the leading independent social networks and it has more than 1 billion monthly active subscribers. The platform is most popular with 18 to 34-year-olds and it’s ideal for B2C products and services in general.
- More than 1 billion users
- Features a variety of ad formats
- It’s affiliate marketing friendly
- Relatively high CPC rates
YouTube is the second-largest social media platform on the planet, although it doesn’t follow a conventional structure. The video-based platform is perfect for ads targeting 20 to 55-year-olds and it provides exceptional results when used for fitness, home and garden, and technology campaigns, among others.
- Huge audience
- Suitable for affiliate marketing offers
- Ads are extremely effective
- Involves a learning curve and only allows video ads
Snapchat revolutionized social media platforms when it introduced its short, temporary video clips or snaps. Since then, the platform has amassed more than 550 million active monthly users, most of them between the ages of 19 and 35 years old. The social network is ideal for new app installations and for lead gen in general.
- Huge collection of great ad formats
- It’s easy to use
- Allows for affiliate marketing
- Relatively young audience
As you may suspect, LinkedIn is perfect for B2B offers because it’s used by more than 675 million professionals worldwide. The average LinkedIn user is between 25 and 59 years old, which means that these users have exceptionally high acquisition power.
- A social network geared towards professionals
- Perfect for B2B products
- Allows video, images, and text ads
- Involves a steep learning curve in most cases
Quora is a great place to promote all niches and industries because the Q&A platform is used to answer all types of questions. The platform has about 300 million monthly active users of all ages and it’s known for being affiliate marketing-friendly.
- Allows for granular topic researching
- Text, image, and promoted answer ad formats
- It’s compatible with affiliate marketing
- Most users are US-based, which may not be ideal for most GEOs
Similar to Quora, Reddit is a platform where users ask and answer questions in a forum format. This network has more than 430 million monthly active users and more than 100,000 communities that have specific interests in common.
- Most tier-1 users (US, Europe, and Australia)
- Doesn’t always require a learning curve
- Compatible with virtually all verticals
- A limited number of ad formats
Pinterest is an awesome platform for promoting jewelry, accessories, handmade goods, and similar products. Moreover, Pinterest has more than 320 million monthly active users, most of which fall between the ages of 18 and 49 years old.
- A wide range of ad formats
- It has extremely effective ads
- Reaches a great audience (18 to 49-year-olds)
- Limited GEOs (mostly US users)
Find the Best Offers at Zeydoo
At Zeydoo, we help connect top advertisers with leading social media affiliates across a wide range of industries. To learn more about developing an impactful campaign on a Facebook alternative, get in touch with Zeydoo and our team will be glad to help.
Here, you can find the best offers for social media traffic: Zeydoo